Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year, new start... again

The holidays got the best of me and I once again fell off the low carb bandwagon.

It started at Thanksgiving with my mom's pumpkin pie and was just downhill from there. I've gotten back into daily cups of tea with real sugar in them, have added clementines and apples (with parmesan cheese on top... mmm!) back to my snack list and just yesterday had a raspberry-filled Krispy Kreme donut, half a McDonald's pancake, a handful of McDonald's French fries and two oatmeal creme pies.

Yikes. (For the record, yesterday was supposed to be my "Start Over Again Day." Obviously, I failed miserably.)

The good thing is that I haven't gained weight. I mean, my smaller-sized pants that I just bought two weeks ago are now tight, but the scale is the same. I know with just one week of eating low carb, they'll be back to fitting nicely again.

I partly blame my lack of will power on us being out of our regular routine for the entire month of December. We have done so much running (which translate into "eating out") that we're just all over the place right now. Even the kids have been acting up a bit. So, with the New Year, I am very excited to get back into our (new) daily routine. I've tweaked our schedule and have worked in exercise, cleaning time, family time and school time. I know it all can be done - I just have to stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment