Sunday, November 25, 2012

Crock Pot Roast -9g

This is so fast and easy and delicious.

Obviously there are potatoes in this, but I'm feeding my entire family so they eat the majority of those and I stick with the roast and carrots. (With maybe a few potaotes in there...) I love adding mushrooms, too, but I didn't have any this time.

Camera was unfixable... new one ordered yesterday. :)

Crock Pot Roast
3 lb roast
3 lbs potatoes (I prefer red potatoes, but russett are fine, too)
1+ lb carrots
2 tsp minced garlic
1 can beef broth
salt and pepper

In a large crocpot, put some chopped potatoes and carrots in the bottom. Rub garlic on the front and back of the roast and salt and pepper both sides. Set the roast on top of the vegetables, then add the remaining veggies to the top. Pour the beef broth over the top then salt and pepper the veggies.

Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours!

Not sure how many servings this makes. Maybe 10?

The counts
Net Carb: 9g, if you only eat a little bit of the potatoes
Protein: 40g
Fiber: 1g
*All counts listed are based on my best guesstimation and not necessarily correct. Remember to check the specific nutritional content of the brands you are using as each one is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment