Thursday, November 1, 2012

hungover

Every once in awhile, I temporarily become an idiot and overindulge on carbs.

This past Friday, my niece was over doing last minute preparations for her 14th birthday party we were having at our house the following day. Said preparations included stuffing a pinata full of candy and baking 24 cupcakes and two 2-layer cakes.

Basically, our dinner that night became tootsie rolls, cake batter and icing.

It was delicious.

That night, my stomach was killing me. I couldn't even lay on it because that would cause stabbing pains to shoot through my abdomen. I took medicine and tossed and turned all night. The next morning, my stomach was better but I felt completely hungover. Headache, nauseated, sooooo tired, dehydrated. It seriously felt as if I'd been out drinking the night before.


And that's the price I paid for the delicious, sugary carbs. Even if it hadn't been a meal of basically pure sugar, like if it had been too much pizza or bread, I need to remember that my body just can't handle it. None of our bodies are not meant to eat that type of food.

Now to keep reminding myself that very thing so I stay away from my kids' Halloween candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment