Sunday, August 5, 2012

introduction

Yes, another food blog, I know. :)

I decided to start this blog for my own purposes and for many reasons. I'm constantly finding recipes online and then losing them before I get around to writing them down. The recipes I do make, I never end up jotting down tips about what I'd do differently the next time, so then I can't remember when I get back to making them again. I also always have people asking me for certain recipes so I figured this would be an easy way to be like, "just go to my blog!" instead of always retyping them!

The majority of the recipes on here will be low carb thanks to me having Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome with Insulin Resistance. In the past when I've been on Metformin, I was able to lose weight and ovulate when keeping my daily carbs around 100 grams. However, I've been off Met for about 8 months now and am finding that 100g isn't cutting it. I need to drop it down some... I'm going to start with 80g and see how my body responds to that.

I've only got about 10-15 pounds to lose and while that will make me feel more comfortable in my skin, it's not a huge deal and my true reason for needing to lose the weight is more mental health related.

Carbs effect my insulin which effect my hormones which effect my mood.

I've been dealing with depression for a few months now and am trying to do everything I can on my own before turning to medicine. I think it's working, too. I joined a gym and have been trying to go 1-2 times a week. I've been trying to go for a bike ride once a week. (Pulling the kids in a bike trailer, too... which is an additional 70 pounds!) Since I'm weaning the baby from nursing (she's almost 15 months old), she is sleeping better, which means I'm sleeping better. (This also means she can finally stay the night at my parent's house, giving me a much-needed break!)

I'm starting to feel a little more like myself again and I hope that this blog continues to help me and will maybe even help others.

What are your favorite low carb recipes? I'm always up for trying new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment