Sunday, August 26, 2012

My breakfast wrap - 8g

This isn't really a recipe and I'm positive others have come up with this before, but this is one of my favorite low carb meals (8 net grams), especially for breakfast because it is so quick and easy. I like starting my day off with a very low carb, high fiber, high protein meal just to get the day off right. Usually I'll have some sort of fruit or a low carb yogurt on the side, too.

What you'll need: low carb tortillas, cheese - I like colby jack - hard-boiled eggs and ham.


On a microwavable plate, layer the ingredients. Microwave for 30 seconds and fold!


 

Hide from your children while you eat so they don't devour the entire thing.


The counts
Net Carb: 8g
Protein: 26g
Fiber: 12g
*Remember to check the specific nutritional content of the brand you are using as each one is different.

One day, I used some leftover ground turkey that had been made with a little taco seasoning and it was delicious! I haven't done much else, but the possibilities are endless!

-different cheeses
-turkey
-salsa or hot sauce
-onions
-mushrooms
-shredded zucchini
-chopped up greens, like spinach or kale

What low carb ingredient would you add?

No comments:

Post a Comment