Saturday, September 22, 2012

doing great!

I've been doing well sticking to my diet these past couple of weeks.

I haven't gotten much exercise unfortunately, but I have lost 2 pounds from just watching what I'm eating and I am feeling fabulous! My sugar cravings have gone way down and when I have had something sweet, it doesn't taste the same. I actually had one of my son's gummy fruit candies and it was so gross that I had to spit it out.

My daily carb intake has been around 40-50 most days which is below my goal of 60g. I haven't been starving in the mornings like I used to be, so I think my body is adjusting to having a more constant blood sugar level. Sometimes I just have a cup of tea until our 10 a.m. snacktime when I'll have a hardboiled egg or piece of toast or fruit or something to get me to lunchtime, so that's helping keep my carbs down, too.

Speaking of tea, I've weaned myself off of needing an ungodly amount of sugar in order to drink it. I couldn't switch straight to Swerve only, so I started doing half sugar/half Swerve or half Swerve/half vanilla creamer but today I had only Swerve and it didn't bother me at all. This is huge because I have always used way too much sugar in my tea... like 1-2 Tablespoons. That's ridiculous.

I'm hoping that this coming week I can fit some exercise in. I think I may have broken my toe so running on the treadmill isn't exactly easy to do right now, but I can walk okay if I wear tennis shoes. With the cooler weather and since my daughter loves having my son drive her around in his Little Tykes Hummer, there's no reason we can't go for a walk every evening on our 6 acres.

New finds:
McDonald's vanilla kiddie cones only have 7g net carbs!
I am absolutely fine with a Quarter Pounder with Cheese without the bun. 9g!
I went for years hating bacon and now I love it again. So very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment