Sunday, September 9, 2012

starting again

I am on and off the low carb bandwagon way too often. I do well for a week or two and then start relaxing a little bit and next thing I know I'll realize that I've been eating badly for a week straight.

It starts out innocently enough. I had dropped my carb limit from 100g to 80g a day but never really stuck to it. Then I'd be all, "Oh, I've only had 70g today, it won't hurt me to eat this donut - that'll just put me over 80g!" Which is true, but not helpful at the whole breaking the sugar addiction thing.

The good news is that I haven't been gaining wait... I've just completely stalled out.

So today I decided to start again and I'm dropping my limit down to 60g OR LESS. None of this "I've got this many left to work with so I can splurge!" stuff. That'll give me 15g per meal and 15g for snacks throughout the day. I've done great so far. It's almost 3 p.m. and I'm only at 25g. I'm nervous about dinner though because I have no idea what we're having yet and know I need to get to the store so my low carb options are kind of scarce.

I'm also working on drinking more water back. My plan is to drink 12 oz first thing in the morning and then 12 oz with each meal. That will at least put me at 48 oz a day. I need to add vitamins back, too. They'd been making me nauseous - even with food - so I started dreading taking them which led to be stopping them altogether.

Edited: At bedtime, I was at 51g net carbs for the day. Score. :)

2 comments:

  1. Have you thought about taking some supplements? A thermogenic fat burner might help suppress your appetite. Also, Glutamine really helped me with my sugar cravings. Good job with the water- it's so important!

    http://lifelovelowcarb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that you mentioned thermogenic fat burners on your blog but I have no idea what those are. Do you suggest any particular brand?

    ReplyDelete