Sunday, September 30, 2012

Dot's Chocolate Cake - 41g. :/ Oh my.

I saw this contest for someone looking for the best chocolate cake for her husband and knew this recipe had to be entered.

It's from my husband's side of the family and as soon as I tasted it, all other chocolate cake recipes I had were thrown in the trash. We make it for every birthday now. And, coming from someone who has a sweet tooth and likes icing... this doesn't need it. It's that good.

Edit: I won third place in the contest! Now I need to make the two that beat me because they must be delicious!


Dot's Chocolate Cake
2/3 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
pinch of salt
2/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 325. Cream butter and sugar together. Mix milk and soda together then add all ingredients except vanilla and water. Mix until blended. Add vanilla and hot water - stir until mixed. It will be very thin. Pour in greased and floured 9x13 glass dish. Bake 20-30 minutes

I cut it into 15 pieces.

The counts
Serving size: 1 piece
Net Carb: 42g. Oh my. :/
Protein: 3g
Fiber: 1g
*All counts listed are based on my best guesstimation and not necessarily correct. Remember to check the specific nutritional content of the brands you are using as each one is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment