Sunday, September 23, 2012

fruit n' jell-o - 5-10g

My niece kept raving about this dessert her grandma makes called Fluff. It takes a pack of jell-o (not made, just the powder for flavor), canned fruit cocktail and cool whip... all high sugar and definite no-nos for low carb.

After she told me the ingredients, I wanted to create a low carb version and while this ended up being really nothing like Fluff, I love it! You can use any flavor of jell-o and any low carb fruits you'd like to change it up.


My favorite version:
2 packs sugar-free orange jell-o
1 fresh peach, cut into pieces
1/2 pound fresh strawberries, cut into pieces
1/2 pint fresh blueberries (unless they are sour...)
Redi-Whip

Mix fruit and jell-o together after the jello-has set and top with whipped cream.

The counts
These vary depending on what types of fruit you use. As far as I can figure, a one-cup serving is probably only around 5g of carbs. Definitely less than 10g.
Net Carb: 5g
Protein: depends
Fiber: depends
*Remember to check the specific nutritional content of the brands you are using as each one is different.

Can you think of a better and more creative name to call it?

No comments:

Post a Comment